Know your Rights – Accessible Transportation
This symbol identifies a bus with a lift.
- The same key operates both the bus and the lift on all lift equipped buses.
- If the lift is not in operation the bus driver must immediately: demonstrate that the lift does not work call the control center by radio or telephone, in your presence
- If the lift does not work SEPTA must send another bus with a working lift. If the next bus on the route does not have a working lift, SEPTA will pay you!
- You and your companion are entitled to a free emergency transfer to use on the next bus
- Report all complaints immediately including the date, time, location and route vehicle number.
- Keep this number handy - SEPTA complaint line: (215) 580-7852 or (215) 580-7712 TDD
Read more about your transportation rights.